RKN CoolcontainerDry ice Back to overview
To ensure a cool and safe transport of perishable goods – such as food , vaccines, drugs or blood plasma - Korean Air uses the RKN cool containers, a perfectly insulated lower deck cool container equipped with a dry ice cooling system.
Dry ice is the best way to maintain a low temperature and doesn’t leave any residue. It’s a perfect solution for preserving perishable goods during air transportation. Dry ice is stored in a waterproof box integrated into the left side of the container and can quickly be accessed from the outside by opening the hatch.
The cool container is made of high performance insulation panels to guarantee an optimal temperature. The door is also made of an insulated panel with rubber extrusions around the edges to ensure air-tight closure.
Result: an easy-to-handle high quality cool container which can easily withstand the harsh environment air cargo can be subjected to.
At times referred to as LD-3 coolcontainer.
- The base is built upon a pallet which is forkliftable on all four sides.
- Additional seat track points are placed inside the container to fasten a net in case the goods need to be fixed.
- When opened, the door can be fastened to the side panel using the strap fixed to the backside of the door.
- A thermometer is placed on the door to check the temperature inside the container.
- The front shear panels are equipped with a pressure equalization valve.
- Internal spacers are placed on the walls for optimal airflow.
- Padlock provisions are integrated to the door lock for custom/padlock sealing.
- A grasp handle is placed on each corner for easy handling during transport.
- Optional - Temperature control system: the temperature can be set with a digital control unit which also stores the temperature data. All data – measured by calibrated sensors – can be exported onto a memory stick
- RKN / LD3
- Type - R Thermal certified aircraft container
- Base size - K 1562x1534 mm / 61.5x60.4 inch
- Contour - N 1997x1611 mm / 78.6x63.4 inch
- Tare weight: 260 kg / 573 lb
- Max. gross weight: 1588 kg / 3500 lb
- Max. net weight: 1328 kg / 2927 lb
- 3.07 m³ / 108 ft³
Optimal Fit (19)
- Airbus A300
- Airbus A300F / 300-600F
- Airbus A310
- Airbus A310 P2F
- Airbus A330-200 / 300
- Airbus A330-200F
- Airbus A340-200 / 300 / 500 / 600
- Airbus A350
- Airbus A380
- Boeing 777-200 / 300 / 400
- Boeing 777F
- Boeing 787
- Ilyushin IL-86
- Ilyushin IL-96
- Lockheed L-1011-200
- McDonnell Douglas DC-10
- McDonnell Douglas DC-10F
- McDonnell Douglas MD-11
- McDonnell Douglas MD-11F
- Non-optimal Fit (5)