ABY mobility containerMobility container, solid door, adjustable interior Back to overview
Rapid deployment appears to be increasingly important as military commands need solutions to be available at short notice. Although perhaps not everything can be planned for, foresight and preparation can facilitate a smooth and fast roll out when required.
These ABY air cargo containers were designed to transport B707 AWACS aircraft spare parts to facilitate local maintenance inremote areas. The containers are preloaded and can remain on standby as mobile workshop or stockage for any operation. Featuring customized interiors, the ABY containers provide storage for anything from nuts and bolts to, say, actuators and aircraft tyres. The containers are also suitable for outdoor storage onsite.
A total set comprises three different types of containers;
(1) The basic container featuring separated holds, adjustable shelves and sliding drawers on top of these shelves.
(2) A hazardous cargo version with sealed off compartment, allowing crew to suppress a potential fire.
(3) A tire container for the carriage of nose and main landing gear wheels.
- Type - A Certified aircraft container
- Base size - B 2743x2235 mm / 108x88 inch
- Contour - Y 2743x2025 mm / 108x80 inch
- Tare weight: 210 kg / 463 lb
- Max. gross weight: 1814 kg / 4000 lb
- Max. net weight: 1604 kg / 3537 lb
- 8.6 m³ / 304 ft³