VRA Car TransporterX-frame, collapsible Back to overview
Le Mans chose the VRA Car Transporter to safely transport their special endurance cars to races located all over the world. It’s an easy to use collapsible car transport solution to ship cars in a stacked configuration. A much improved product, created for efficient use of space and constructed for extreme durability.
Keeping the height of the load in mind, this car transporter can handle a large variety of cars.
The intention of these car transporters would be to operate them from door-to-door, rather than airport-to-airport, with a minimum of handling in between.
The overall construction consists of two (forkliftable) platforms and a robust (X-)frame on each side which can be anchored onto the base. The base is built upon a certified standard 16ft PRA pallet (196 x 96 inch). The (X-)frames can be folded together to allow transport in collapsed condition (total height: 476 mm/18,7 inch). The collapsed unit enables loading of cargo on top of the platform or can, with the help of VRR’s Transport Frame Stand, be put vertically into a 40ft sea container.
- Seat tracks are placed on both sides of the frame to attach the wheel straps for a proper restraining of the car
- Anti-slip material is applied to the top surface to assure maximum grip
- Two hatches are placed on both sides of the platform to store loose wheel straps
A smaller version which could be transported by PMC/PMH pallet (10ft) is available as well and referred to as the VMA car transporter.)
- Type - V Automobile transport equipment
- Base size - R 4978x2438 mm / 196x96 inch
- Contour - A 2438x1733 mm / 96x68.2 inch
- Tare weight: 1030 kg / 2271 lb
- Max. gross weight: 11340 kg / 25000 lb
- Max. net weight: 10310 kg / 22729 lb