MKN coolcontainerDry ice / Temperature control Back to overview
The MKN coolcontainers have primarily been developed for domestic service within Japan only. Although the times required for door-to-door transports within Japan are considerably less than for those for interconinental shipping, we did not reduce the levels of insulation to warrant optimal reliability and consistent temperature.
The MKN coolcontainers thus feature a similar insulation as our RKN and RAP coolcontainers have. Due to the short(er) journeys, the dry-ice bunkers allowed for a reduction in size and thus the internal volume increased somewhat compared to an RKN container.
Temperature control is ensured via a thermostat controlling the fan. In comparison to the RKN, this temperature control unit is simplified and lacks data logging and advanced settings as threshold.
The MKN is an uncertified coolcontainer.
- Type - M Thermal non-certified aircraft container
- Base size - K 1562x1534 mm / 61.5x60.4 inch
- Contour - N 1960x1615 mm / 77.1x63.6 inch
- Tare weight: 260 kg / 573 lb
- Max. gross weight: 1588 kg / 3500 lb
- Max. net weight: 1328 kg / 2927 lb
- 3.0 m³ / 106 ft³