Corporate Social Responsibility at VRR
At VRR, we know that meeting our legal requirements is only half the story. We also want to make a positive social impact. So we look continuously for ways to make a genuine difference. To invest in environmental stewardship. This is what we are doing:
Sustainable business practices
- adapting our manufacturing processes and purchasing methods to reduce our emissions to a minimum
- minimising our use of construction materials to reduce wastage and recycle where possible
- ensuring our products comply with REACH (a European Union regulation that addresses the production and use of chemical substances and their potential impact on both human health and the environment)
- minimising the weight of our products in order to minimise the carbon footprint of our customers
- splitting waste into material streams for recycling purposes
Responsible workplace & travel conditions
- investing in energy neutral offices and factory facilities by installing energy harvesting systems, including LED lights and the enhanced insulation of the entire building
- ensuring our offices and production facilities comply with all the QA requirements for work & health safety
- minimising staff travel at home and abroad to minimise our carbon footprint, facilitated by our investment in modern communication systems such as videoconferencing
- driving environmentally-friendly cars
While we acknowledge that planes and flight travel do have an impact on the environment and communities, we strive constantly to design our products in such a way that they maximise effective air cargo transportation (e.g. weight reduction, optimal space usage), thereby helping to reduce the environmental impact of flying.
Finally, we understand that there is always more that VRR – like any business – can do to operate more sustainably. So our CSR efforts do not start and end with the list of achievements listed above. It is our policy to make a sustained effort in finding ways to improve our practices, and so we will keep you posted through this website and our newsletter about future goals, successes and challenges.